We are a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required by law to inform you about the information which we hold to enable you to understand the purposes for which it is used.
This Notice explains the types of personal information about you which we hold and how we use it, and how we use any personal information which we collect about you when you use this website.
1. What information do we collect about you?
When you contact us with a view to engaging our services, you are required to complete a form which includes details of your name, address, other contact details, age and occupation.
2. How we use the information about you
We use the information which you provide in order to manage your account with us and to provide relevant information about your requirements to third parties with whom we deal. We may also use the information to email you about products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
We will not sell or share your information for marketing purposes with any other company or third party.
3. Legal basis for using information
We will only use the personal information about you which we hold to the extent that the law allows us to do so. The legal basis on which we will normally use the information is as follows:
- a) where we need to perform our contract with you for the provision of the services that you have requested; or
- b) where we need to comply with a legal obligation; or
- c) where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), provided that your interests and rights do not override our interests.
The circumstances in which we may use personal information to pursue legitimate interests include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- To better understand how people interact with our website.
- To provide communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
4. Marketing and Communication
From the outset of our instruction, you are invited to say whether you would like to receive from us information about products or services which may be of interest to you. If you consent to receive such marketing information, you may opt out at a later date if you change your mind. You have the right at any time to tell us to stop sending such information to you. If you wish to do this, please notify us by sending an email to us or write to us, using the email or postal addresses set out at paragraph 12 below.
5. Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us or write to us using the email or postal addresses specified in paragraph 12 below.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information which you think is inaccurate.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We will deal promptly with any suspected breach of security and will notify you and the Information Commissioner’s Office of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. For how long is personal information retained?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. Failure to provide personal information
If you fail to provide all the personal information that we require when completing a proposal form, we may not be able to enter into a contract with you for provision of the services that you are seeking or we may not be able to perform all aspects of any contract which is concluded with you.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on user activity.
For further information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. The above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, if you do this, some of the features of our website may not function as a result.
10. Other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to our website. If you link to other websites, you should read the Privacy Notices referred to in them.
11. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. Any changes or updates will be included in this Notice from time to time. This Notice was last updated on 25/05/18.
12. How to contact us
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By post at 6 Benham Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK